Eligibility criteria B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering
B.Tech. in M.E.
Mechanical engineering is one of the oldest branches of
engineering. It is also referred to as the ‘Mother’ branch of engineering. Another appealing feature of mechanical engineering is that the application base of this field of study
is extremely broad and diverse. Almost all inventions during the ancient period and a vast majority in the modern era are direct contributions of one or the other application of
The College Approved By AICTE, New Delhi & Affiliated to IKGPTU, Jalandhar
- All those candidates who have passed the 10+2 examination from a board recognized or established by Central/State Government through a legislation with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the following subjects
1. Chemistry 2. Biotechnology 3. Biology 4. Computer Science / Technical Vocational Subject
- Those candidates who have passed diploma in any Engineering Trade from Punjab State Board of Technical Education & Industrial Training, Chandigarh or Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal (SLIET), or any such examination from any other recognized State Board of Technical Education.
- The candidates who have passed two years certificate course from Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal (SLIET) shall be eligible.
- JEE (Main) Rank merit.
- Duration of the course shall be 4 year including internship.
- All those candidates who have passed Diploma examination from an AICTE approved Institution and have obtained at least 45% marks (40% in case of Candidates belonging to reserved category) in appropriate branch of Engineering / Technology shall be eligible to apply.
- All those candidates who have passed B.Sc. Degree from a recognized University as defined by UGC, with at least 45% marks (40% in case of Candidates belonging to reserved category) and passed XII standard with Mathematics as a subject shall be eligible to apply.
(a) Students, who have passed B.Sc. Degree from a recognized University as defined by UGC, shall clear the subject of Engineering Graphics / Engineering Drawing and Engineering Mechanics of the first year engineering program along with second year subjects.
(b) Students belonging to B.Sc. Stream may further note that they shall be considered only after filling the supernumerary seats in this category with students belonging to Diploma stream.
- Passed D.Voc. Stream in the same or allied sector.
- In the above cases, a suitable bridge course, if required such as in Mathematics may be conducted.
- Inter-se-merit in the qualifying examination.
- Duration of the course shall be 3 Years / 6 Semesters including internship.